I am once again honored and forever grateful to have been nominated for The Liebster Award by Tempest Rose at Nonsense & Shenanigans: Trying to make sense out of the nonsense and shenanigans…but usually achieving the opposite.
The Liebster Award recognizes new, up and coming bloggers who have a certain number of followers, ranges from 200 to 3,000. Liebster is German meaning “beloved” “sweetest” “dearest”. Essentially, I like to view this award as acknowledging some of the “sweetest” bloggers who connect their blogs to their viewers in a welcoming and hearty fashion.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog genuine and would like you to know that I value your honesty and content.
The steps for The Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award! A warm, hearty, & standing ovation thank you to Tempest Rose for recognizing the good in my blog!
- Add The Liebster Award logo to your post and blog.
- Answer 10 questions provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for the award and notify them.
**These are the general guidelines. With that being said, you do not have to do the full amount to accept the award. You can answer and/or ask only one question,nominate one person, whatever you feel comfortable doing. **
Questions for me to answer by Tempest Rose:
- What is one thing about your country that makes you unbelievably proud? – I live in the United States of America and I am proud to have the freedom to speak whatever my heart desires and the right to equal justice. I have several homosexual friends and I am so proud they have the right to get married and be happy here in America.
- Why did you start blogging? – I started my blog to raise mental illness awareness, stop the stigma, and save a life. I loss my best friend of 10 years to suicide on March 26th, 2014. She stood up for mental illness as I shied away from my illness. I want to continue her vision by sharing my story and help save a life.
- What is your one, ultimate, life-long dream? – My one, ultimate, life-long dream is to establish a scholarship fund in my name to give to young adults and teenagers who battle with mental illness and are afraid to speak out about it. One of the several things I want to do before I “die” i.e. on my bucket list.
Questions for my Nominees to pick and choose to answer:
- If you were stranded on an island and only had 3 things, what would they be?
- If you could change one thing about your country, what would it be?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- If you could try something new today, what would it be?
- What is your life mantra?
- What is your biggest fear in life?
- If you could have dinner with one person (alive or deceased) who would it be and why?
- What is one thing you are proud of?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
- Name a song that describes your life in a nutshell.
The list below is no particular order. All of the blogs below are very inspiring and I hope they inspire you too. Please check them out and support their story!
- Marie Abanga’s Blog: A site about my thrilling life, emotions, and mental illness.
- Fit Recovery : Stay Clean Get Fit.
- Yeseventhistoowillpas: Share his wisdom and compassion through his writings.
- Gleen2point0: Opinions on Life, the Universe, and Mental things.
- Somnolent Soul: Living Life through the words, naps, an photographs.
- Happilydpressed: An abysmal reality.
- Fightwithfitnessblog: Shares her love of fitness in every post.
Again, I thank you all and Tempest Rose for supporting Phoenix – The Rebirth of My Life and witness as I rise from the burning ashes of my mental illness.
My goal is to:
Raise mental illness awareness. Stop the stigma. Save a life.
Sending positive vibes your way,