September 14th, 2014 7:08 PM
Life is an obstacle;
Please, forgive me for making shortcuts.
As a matter of fact,
Please, forgive me for making cuts.
Upon the forearm that my Mother gave me
And the upper thigh from which my Father used to raise me.
Tell me that I am loved;
Scratch that, tell me that I am worth it.
Tell me that my birthright is right
And that I have a place here in your nest.
A room for me to protest
Against the poison
Stated against me
Used against me
Engraved in me.
Save me from the end;
The unexpected climax
Of my treacherous journey.
Let me bury my face
In the pit of your blossom soul
In hopes for my mustard seed faith
To bloom and grow.
The end is near;
Oh, dear please forgive me
For my wrongs and rights.
My dues have been subdued
By the voices of the past.
Correct me if I am wrong
But I know that I can no longer go on.
I am troubled.
Sick and tired of living
In this downright bubble.
Cuddle me righteous;
Cuddle me gracious;
Cover me with serenity
To discourage the forthcoming feeling
That my end is near.
August 31, 2014 12:17 PM
At evening’s dusk
I channel my inner must
To wish upon the present moon
To send me my future cocoon.
Already wrapped in my skins galore,
I know that forever more
That inside lies my charming everlasting companion.
Secretly he does not know
That the silk that intertwines around our love
Is broken, vandalized, and mutilated;
By the words from my past,
The actions of the present,
And the worries for tomorrow.
His victorious voice
Breaks the immaculate walls
Of my protective future for my prosperous life.
The scars reappear on my upper wrist
From the inner pain I once concealed
Of the kindle emotions
I hid despite our outward attraction towards one another.
You’re the one who gives me hope;
You’re the one I had a reason to spoke.
You’re the one who causes my scars to fade away;
You’re the one I want to be with all day.
You’re the one who makes me find a way
To live this life everyday.
You’re the one I do not want to leave this Earth for;
You’re the one I want to stay around with forever more.
You’re the one who erases my choice to take my life;
You’re the one I thank for being in this rocky life.
August 23, 2014 6:48 PM
Jumping the broom;
Entering a new segment.
Lifting my mind, body, and soul across the current threshold.
Leaving all my worries, doubts, and pain behind,
Putting my solicitous meager heart on the line.
Forgetting all the consequences that may come my merry way,
Still needing to say, “Where is my place in this illustrious World?”
Can I please just take a minute to hurl?
Stopping to take a second to reflect on the World;
And thanking the ones who brought me through the whirlwind.
Who stopped my head from continuously spinning
And put a halt to my inner madness.
I am glad the sunshine appeared through my darkness
And washed the rain away from my pale eyes.
To scatter the pain into the deep blue thin air
And watch as the rainbow shine in the midst of my silhouette shadow.
To feel the cool sea breeze brush against my winter face
I can feel my surrounding oasis embrace;
Tugging and hugging and reeling me in.
I love this feeling;
I adore this feeling.
I will abide by this feeling;
This sentiment is equivalent to home.
I am home, at last.
I am humbled and forever grateful to have been nominated for The Beautiful Blogger Award by Writer X at Thoughts from a spare room.
The Beautiful Blogger Award recognizes bloggers who connect with their readers in a beautiful style and manner. From personal poetry to short stories, every blogger has a unique manifestation on how they want to connect their words to their viewers.
If you wish to accept this award, the following guidelines are below. There is no pressure to accept the award. I find your blog tremendously beautiful in story and in style.
The steps for The Beautiful Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award! A warm, hearty, & standing ovation thank you to Writer X for recognizing how “beautiful” my blog is!
- Add The Beautiful Blogger Award logo to your post and blog.
- Nominate 7
beautiful bloggers and say a little something about why you love their blog.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog
The list below is no particular order. All of the blogs below are very inspiring and I hope they inspire you too. Please check them out and support their story!
- insightintothemindd – A young woman blogger who I can relate to not only in age but in words as well. She supports my mental health awareness journey and blogs about mental health stigma something that is dear and near to my heart. I love your inspiration.
- Dog Dharma’s Blog – Written by a human who blogs about their enlightenment and connect with dogs and their trials and adventures. I love this writers honesty.
- Living Your Wholefullness – I enjoy reading the wonderful and beautiful poetry by Shery Alexander Heinis. Her poetry makes me feel whole and complete afterwards. I love Shery’s wisdom.
- Bipolar-Reb – This blog is written by a young gentleman who bipolar disorder. He writes openly about his illness and politics to share his stance with other readers. I love Tyler’s openness.
- The Other Side of Me – A blogger who blogs about her journey through some of her darkest moments in life, something, I, too, can relate. Ally I love the hope you have instilled throughout your blog posts.
- Just Plain Ol’ Vic – A blogger who blogs openly about his personal experiences. He connects with his readers in a comical yet understanding way. I really do love your humor.
- Nonsense & Shenanigans – A tremendous and courageous woman who blogs about her battle with mental illness and shares her personal experience with her readers. Tempest Rose, I love your dedication and passion.
Again, I thank you all for supporting Phoenix – The Rebirth of My Life and witness as I rise from the burning ashes of my mental illness.
My goal is to:
Raise mental illness awareness. Stop the stigma. Save a life.
Sending positive vibes your way,
August 9, 2014 8:47 AM
Enter two by two into my Great Grandfather’s Christian Cathedral.
Greet one another with a solemn tear and a hearty hug.
Point your nose upward toward the altar and greet me with a silhouette smile.
Sit and hold hands with my cohort to feel my everlasting presence pump through your living veins.
Listen to the immaculate words of the Priest as he presents the celebration of my life.
Hear the blithe story of my life and watch as I rebirth through song, laughter, and dance.
Reminisce on the fountain days of my youth and squeeze the palm of your neighbor’s hand to reassure them I am still with you.
Wipe the tears from your eyes to see the World clearer now than ever before.
Walk the Earth that appeared so cold and blue to me and turn the cold to shame;
Warm the grounds with your robust feet and whisper prosperity to the wind to comfort my lost soul.
The ones that cared the most for my imperfect mind, body, and soul will stay behind the mass
To find the courage and passion to comfort the ones who have fallen to their knees by my coffin.
Use your inner strength and happiness to raise them to their feet and wipe the tears flowing from their feeble eyes.
Face my coffin with them in your arms, close your eyes, and listen for my faint voice in the distance.
Hear my final declaration,
“You are loved by me.
Today, tomorrow, and forever.
Please do not cry.
I am still here
And will be with you
Right by your side
To witness your future endeavors.
I want happiness at my funeral.
Be happy despite the fact
I am not with you.
Go forth and do good.
I promise you will
Prosper and grow.”
Leave the Christian Cathedral arm in arm with someone new you have never met before.
Account for this persons well-being from now until infinity.
Greet and hug my family as you exit.
Exchange a condolence or two with my parents and address how much of an impact I had on your life
To reassure them it was not their fault for my wrongdoing.
Grab the petals of my life;
Let them go;
Watch as they mass together to form the rare completion of what used to be my broken heart.
I am at last happy and at peace.